Compete for the Wellspring Cup!
Teams of four have the opportunity to challenge one another, each with a minimum fundraising goal of $5,000, in support of the Lake2Lake Ride for Rwanda. The honour of hoisting the “Wellspring Cup,” a perpetual trophy, goes to the team who raises the most funds for the ride. And who doesn’t want those bragging rights for a year?
Why should I enter a team?
Groups of friends, cycling club members or co-workers are invited to form teams and challenge others to form a team. It is an opportunity to ride with your colleagues, customers and friends in a good-natured rivalry.
Team challenges are a great team-building tool for those who work together. Benefits include increased camaraderie while riding and training together, physical and mental conditioning, competitive fun with others in the same industry, and an opportunity to informally promote your company.
How will the team challenge work?
A Team Captain will recruit three other members to form a team.
To Create a Team Fundraising Page:
- Team Captains visit our registration site and click the blue Create a Team button.
- Upload a photo, fill in your team name, and set your fundraising goal.
- Complete your registration, then click on the Continue to Your Team button, where you can set up the rest of your team page.
- Lastly, let your team members know the name of your team.
To Join a Team Fundraising Page:
- Team Members get your team name from your Team Captain, then visit our registration site and click the blue Join a Team button.
Although it is not required to post a challenge, captains are strongly encouraged to gather their team together and send out a video challenge by email/Facebook to other individuals to enter a team too!
- Each team consists of four members.
- If you are from outside Vernon and register your team by the Early Bird deadline, your team names will be entered into our draw for free accommodation the Friday night before the ride.
- The team name is registered by the captain through the www.lake2lake.org site, and then each team member registers independently under their team name.
- Registration cost is $200 / team member, which is refunded once the team goal minimum of $5,000 is reached. Members have the option to donate their refunded registration fee back to the ride.
- Each team can register a challenge to another individual/group by creating an original challenge video (30 sec. max), and sending it by email or Facebook post AND by emailing Jayson so he can publishing the challenge on the Lake2Lake website. The challenged team will accept the challenge by emailing Jayson as well. That team may, in turn, challenge someone else with their own video post.
- Team photos will be posted on the Lake2Lake website and social media (if submitted).
- Pledge pages will be set up for team members on the Lake2Lake website.
- The team who has the greatest amount in pledges by the ride date will be presented with the Wellspring Cup during the Saturday evening program of the ride, and will have bragging rights for a year. The team name and year will be inscribed on the cup.
- A photo of the winning team will be posted on all Wellspring and Lake2Lake social media, and be included with an article in The Source, Wellspring’s online newsletter, as well as in the local newspapers (upon team approval).
- If your team would like to have your own jersey made up, there will be a link added to the website for BikeAtac, a Langley company who will give 10% off their regular list prices for Lake2Lake teams.
Do you have suggestions for raising funds?
Once you register as a team, we will send you a Fundraising Resources document that will give you some ideas. Many Canadian companies support charities through a range of corporate giving initiatives, which are often part of their commitment to being socially responsible organizations. If you work for a company who donates towards your fundraising goal, let us know. We can send you a Wellspring logo to forward on to the company to proudly display on its social media site(s) or website, showing its commitment to being supportive of socially responsible, sustainable initiatives like The Wellspring Foundation for Education.
What if my team wants to create our own jersey?
There are several options out there for having your own team jerseys designed. You may even choose to offer jerseys as a fundraising option for your team. Check out ATAC Sportswear the company who supply our Lake2Lake jerseys.