To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Lake2Lake Ride for Rwanda, we have designed a limited edition cycling kit with you in mind! We invite all of our Lake2Lakers – past, present, future, volunteers, guests, and friends – to purchase and wear this one-of-a-kind jersey with pride!
To order your jersey or complete kit, go to: http://shop.jakroo.ca/Lake2Lake-2019
PLEASE NOTE: The online store will be open from April 3-15, and then will close for production. It will open again from June 6-27, and then again from August 5 – 26th. Be sure to place your order within these timeframes.
And 2019 Lake2Lake riders, don’t forget …
If you raise over $750 for the Wellspring Foundation for Education by the fundraising deadline (Oct 15 @ 11.59pm PST), you’ll receive the 10th anniversary cycling jersey for free!
- If you purchase your jersey before the ride, we’ll simply refund the cost of the Fondo style jersey after the fundraising deadline.
- If you don’t purchase a jersey but do reach the $750 target, you’ll either receive your jersey at the ride or after the fundraising deadline (depending on when you reach the $750 mark).
The 10th Anniversary Design
Our designer, Frank Den Hoed, put a lot of thought and intention into every aspect of this year’s design. Here are some of the unique features:
- The 3 stripes across the front are the colours of the Rwandan flag, along with the sun in the top corner.
- The Lake2Lake ride exists to support the work of the Wellspring Foundation for Education. Our motto – Empowering a Generation – has been included to remind us of the reason why we ride. We believe that all children deserve a quality education, and that includes every child in the most remote villages in Rwanda.
- The round number 10 celebrates our 10th Anniversary of the Lake2Lake Ride for Rwanda.
- The silverback gorilla is a stunningly majestic and critically endangered species found in the volcanoes region of Rwanda.
- The blue band at the bottom of the left leg has the words “Vernon – Salmon Arm – Shuswap” to note the long, yet beautiful, Lake2Lake ride route.
- The blue band at the bottom of the right has the words “Kigali – Gasabo – Rubavu” to note our work expanding out from Kigali to the surrounding Gasabo area, and now onto Rubavu in the western province.
- The initials on the collar are in honour of our late friends Ben Farrant and Chris Harrington. Both of these outstanding men have touched our Wellspring community through their generosity and servant-hearted natures. We want to remember them and carry on their legacy.
Now don’t just stop here, head to the website to purchase your kit!